In keeping with tradition of the Christmas season, I’m grappling with gratitude for my life thus far and greediness over all the pretty presents I wish would fall down my chimney.
1. Noise-canceling headphones. I’ve been traveling on airplanes a lot lately. All the noise of the plane makes my otherwise comfortable and functional Apple ear buds completely useless. I find myself cranking the volume all the way up and then I can only hear the screechiest treble and boomingest bass. And then I get off the plane and I can’t hear anything. If anyone can recommend a good pair, I would love to hear it.
2. Bad ass winter coat.
3. Subscriptions to SAND Journal, PANK, and Frieze.
4. A little rolling carry-on suitcase, the kind that will work with Ryanair and Easyjet. Preferably the kind with that hard plasticky outer shell.
5. A travel mug. Not sure how I managed to lose/break/leave all of mine in America.
6. Moleskines. Because if it’s not written on recycled paper and bound in leather, does it really matter?
7. Coco Mademoiselle. My favorite scent in the universe.
8. A bicycle. The cheapest, most environmentally-friendly way to travel. I’m not particularly graceful on two-wheels, but a little embarrassment is worth the money I’d save on my U-bahn pass.